Tuesday 8 January 2013

Timidly, we enter a new world...


Meet Brave Sir Robin! Initial Build - Male Warrior, Useless pendant.

Brave, Brave, Brave, Brave Sir Robin.

Master Key? Fire bombs? Please. I'll take the useless pendant! Why choose something that sounds helpful? That's not the point of this game. I couldn't bring myself to be a woman though, considering how brutally I was expecting to die, and how often. It seemed like an un-gentlemanly thing to do. 

NOTE: That's saying something coming from a guy whose Saints Row 3 character did NOT dress appropriately for... well anything.


Road rash only happens if you fall off...


1/8 - 1/13

NOTE: I wasn't initially documenting every play session, so this one is a mash-up and written weeks later.

I basically started out like you all did or will; sucking ass. I have no DeS (damn straight I'm hip to the acronyms) background so this is all new to me. 

I chose to only use guides AFTER I've explored an area, if I felt I'd left something behind or wanted to make sure I was on the right track.

I have a friend who has bested the game who I report progress to. Though occasionally offering advice, he's usually more a comforting ear and reassuring mentor.

Off we go.



I spent the first couple hours perfecting a move that I'm glad to say I've since abandoned. It goes like this: 

1) Slowly approach an enemy with shield raised. 
2) Wait for enemy to attack
3) Block or dodge attack
4) Immediately close to point-blank range
5) Use estus flask

Apparently too many of my recent games have used X as an attack button (I'm looking at YOU Mark of the Ninja). Step six was taking a sword in the face and starting over.

Five deaths got me out of the Undead Asylum. I do not feel ready for this game.

I slowly weaned my way through the Undead Burg, hacking and slashing and taking arrows to the face until I finally found the Taurus Demon.

I didn't even know how to avoid his attacks so I shamefully read a guide to give me an idea on how to confront him. The plunging attack method won the day after 7-8 attempts.

No comments:

Post a Comment